Meet Paul P. McMahon, Esquire
Mr. McMahon has over 25 years of experience as a trial lawyer on the Treasure Coast. He has been identified by legal organizations across the country as a top personal injury litigator. Mr. McMahon was formerly a partner in the nationally recognized Law Firm of Gary, Williams, Finney, Lewis, Watson & Sperando, P.L. before he and Mr. Cushnie joined forces creating Cushnie & McMahon, a smaller firm dedicated to personal service and attention. He is an experienced trial lawyer who has successfully handled cases throughout the state of Florida, and nationally.
Ohio State University, B.S., Double Major Economics/Marketing
University of Toledo College of Law, J.D.
- Florida Bar, 1987, Member of Civil Litigation Section
- US District Court Middle District of Florida
- US District Court Southern District of Florida
- US District Court Northern District of Florida
- Fellow of The Florida Bar Foundation
- Member, Martin County Bar Association
- Member, St. Lucie County Bar Association
- Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Fellow of the Florida Bar Foundation
Professional Associations, Appointments & Service
- Fellow of the Florida Bar Foundation
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum –Awarded to Mr. McMahon for million and multi-million-dollar jury verdicts, settlements and arbitration awards in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, civil rights violations and business disputes. Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Nominated and elected to membership June 20, 2012. ABOTA membership evidences high personal character, honorable reputation and proficiency as a trial lawyer.
- Treasure Coast Justice Association – Founding Board Member 2014
- Chairman, Martin County Bar Association Trial Lawyers Committee
- President of St. Lucie County, FL Bar Association 1996-1997
- Secretary/Treasurer of St. Lucie County, FL Bar Association 1994-1995
- Chairman of St. Lucie County, FL Bar Association Law Week Committee 1994 – 1996
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of Florida to the 19th Judicial Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee in 1994, appointed Chairman of the committee in 1996.
- Member of Strathmore’s Who’s Who 2000
- Speaker, “Florida Worker’s Compensation Law”, Indian River State College May 1993
Community Involvement Past & Present
- Member of St. Bernadette’s
- St. Lucie County Board of Directors & Legal Advisor for United Way
- Francis K. Sweet School Business Partner and Advisory Council
- Arts Council Board of Directors, Martin County
- Board of Directors for the Friends of 440 Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- Sons of the American Legion
- Board of Directors Heronwood Homeowners Association
Honors and Awards
- Eagle Scout Award, Boy Scouts of America and National Eagle Scout Association Member
- The Ohio State University, Deans List Student
- Chief Justice of Park Hall Judicial Committee, and Executive Council
- American Jurisprudence Award for Civil Procedure II
- Moot Court Team Award, 2nd Place Brief, 1986, Albert R. Mugel National Moot Court Tax Competition.
- Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. – Pro Bono Award, 1996. A non-profit organization which provides civil legal advice and representation for low-income people and communities.
- Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc.- Pro Bono Award, 1996 and 2002. A non-profit organization which provides civil legal advice and representation for low income and communities.
- VFW Post #4194, Stuart, FL Recognition of Dedication and Support 2016
- Treasure Coast Justice Association-Certificate of Appreciation for Contributions Made
- Caribbean American Cultural Group-Outstanding Service Award-2017
Mr. McMahon is dedicated to helping all of his clients win their legal battles. If you are in need of help or have been hurt in an accident, give Paul a call today. Let his experience and knowledge guide you.
A word from our clients
The staff at Cushnie & McMahon made us comfortable and are very kind. I always feel like I am working with trusted individuals. I would recommend them to anyone needing a lawyer. We dealt with Paul, but his partner came to the hospital to start things rolling. They provide very fair, honest, and direct services.
I am a fairly intelligent person but
The lawyers at Cushnie and McMahon always made sure we were comfortable. It was great working with a kind individual that you could trust.
Great lawyer! Honest, trustworthy. Took my case after another lawyer dropped me and said I did not have a case. Mr. Cushnie went above and beyond my expectations. Already recommended him to a friend. He is an A++ lawyer
I was made to feel as if mine was the only case they were handling due to the time they take to explain detail by detail of what one cans expect. I know my case was not “huge” but they treat all cases the same…with empathy to their client and a true interest for one’s well-being. I cannot say enough of Cushnie & McMahon and at times “Thank You” is not enough. I recommend this law firm very highly & if my words can hep someone needing an attorney…I hope this has helped, as I have written with sincerity and true appreciation!
Cushnie and McMahon were always very good about keeping in touch with me and being honest. They were great.
Contact Us About Your Case
*Note: Messages sent using this form are NOT confidential. Avoid sending highly confidential information or private information through this system.