The Law Firm of Cushnie & McMahonAccident Trial Attorneys
“Justice is more just with a lawyer you can trust”
Proudly Serving Clients in Port St. Lucie, FL & the Treasure Coast
Today’s legal environment is competitive and complicated, so it is important to have a team of professional attorneys by your side to guide you and help you through every step of the process. With 30 years of experience, the attorneys at the Law Firm of Cushnie & McMahon represent victims of accidents in Port St. Lucie, the whole Treasure Coast and throughout Florida.
Our law practice specializes in a number of areas
Big Firm Experience with Small Firm Personal Service & Attention
Mr. Cushnie & Mr. McMahon offer each client personal attention and are committed to providing you with quality service. We recognize each client has individual needs pertaining to their life situation and case. Together with their staff, they work to address your specific needs and provide you with the personal attention you deserve.
Meet Colin C. Cushnie, Esquire
Mr. Cushnie has provided a range of legal services including personal injury law, wrongful death, civil litigation
Florida International University, B.S.
Double Major Marketing/International Business
Nova Southeastern University, J.D.
Florida Bar, 1989
Professional Associations and Appointments
- Caribbean Bar Association
- Port St. Lucie Bar Association
- Business Networking International
- Past Humane Society of Martin County Board Member
- Past United Way of St. Lucie County Board Member
Honors and Awards
- Honorary Member Caribbean Nurses Association of the Treasure Coast
- Honorary Member of St. Lucie County Cricket Club
- Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc.-Pro Bono Awardee. Florida Rural Legal Services is a non-profit organization which provides civil legal advice and representation for low-income people and communities.
If you have been injured by someone else’s negligence or have a family law matter, Mr. Cushnie is ready to provide you with the representation you need and to fight for the
Meet Paul P. McMahon, Esquire
Mr. McMahon has over 25 years of experience as a trial lawyer on the Treasure Coast. He has been identified by legal organizations across the country as a top personal injury litigator. Mr. McMahon was formerly a partner in the nationally recognized Law Firm of Gary, Williams, Finney, Lewis, Watson & Sperando, P.L. before he and Mr. Cushnie joined forces creating Cushnie & McMahon, a smaller firm dedicated to personal service and attention. He is an experienced trial lawyer who has successfully handled cases throughout the state of Florida, and nationally.
Ohio State University, B.S., Double Major Economics/Marketing
University of Toledo College of Law, J.D.
- Florida Bar, 1987, Member of Civil Litigation Section
- US District Court Middle District of Florida
- US District Court Southern District of Florida
- US District Court Northern District of Florida
- Fellow of The Florida Bar Foundation
- Member, Martin County Bar Association
- Member, St. Lucie County Bar Association
- Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Fellow of the Florida Bar Foundation
Professional Associations, Appointments & Service
- Fellow of the Florida Bar Foundation
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum –Awarded to Mr. McMahon for million and multi-million-dollar jury verdicts, settlements and arbitration awards in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, civil rights violations and business disputes. Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Nominated and elected to membership June 20, 2012. ABOTA membership evidences high personal character, honorable reputation and proficiency as a trial lawyer.
- Treasure Coast Justice Association – Founding Board Member 2014
- Chairman, Martin County Bar Association Trial Lawyers Committee
- President of St. Lucie County, FL Bar Association 1996-1997
- Secretary/Treasurer of St. Lucie County, FL Bar Association 1994-1995
- Chairman of St. Lucie County, FL Bar Association Law Week Committee 1994 – 1996
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of Florida to the 19th Judicial Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee in 1994, appointed Chairman of the committee in 1996.
- Member of Strathmore’s Who’s Who 2000
- Speaker, “Florida Worker’s Compensation Law”, Indian River State College May 1993
Community Involvement Past & Present
- Member of St. Bernadette’s
- St. Lucie County Board of Directors & Legal Advisor for United Way
- Francis K. Sweet School Business Partner and Advisory Council
- Arts Council Board of Directors, Martin County
- Board of Directors for the Friends of 440 Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- Sons of the American Legion
- Board of Directors Heronwood Homeowners Association
Honors and Awards
- Eagle Scout Award, Boy Scouts of America and National Eagle Scout Association Member
- The Ohio State University, Deans List Student
- Chief Justice of Park Hall Judicial Committee, and Executive Council
- American Jurisprudence Award for Civil Procedure II
- Moot Court Team Award, 2nd Place Brief, 1986, Albert R. Mugel National Moot Court Tax Competition.
- Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc. – Pro Bono Award, 1996. A non-profit organization which provides civil legal advice and representation for low-income people and communities.
- Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc.- Pro Bono Award, 1996 and 2002. A non-profit organization which provides civil legal advice and representation for low income and communities.
- VFW Post #4194, Stuart, FL Recognition of Dedication and Support 2016
- Treasure Coast Justice Association-Certificate of Appreciation for Contributions Made
- Caribbean American Cultural Group-Outstanding Service Award-2017
Mr. McMahon is dedicated to helping all of his clients win their legal battles. If you are in need of help or have been hurt in an accident, give Paul a call today. Let his experience and knowledge guide you.
Get the Legal Representation You Need
At The Law Firm of Cushnie & McMahon, our entire team is dedicated to helping you receive the justice and
For more information or to schedule a free consultation for your personal injury case, contact our law firm in Port St. Lucie, FL today. Personal Injury consults are always FREE and we feature a “No Recovery – No Fee or Costs” policy. Appointment times are flexible and if you can’t make it to the office, we will come to you. We are determined to help you receive the results you deserve.
A Word From Our Clients
Best attorneys & staff... very helpful
One of the best thing that i like about the Law Firm of Cushnie & McMahon is you get to see and talk to your lawyer anytime you want to about your case. Their professionalism is incomparable. For the past 15 years, my family and friends are always been happy with law firm. In addition, if you need a good law firm to handle your case so you can get a nice smile at the end dont hesitate to hire Cushnie & McMahon.
I'm very Happy with the Service and Kindness, I had working with The Law Firm of Cushnie & McMahon, P.L. They are very Professional & have Great Knowledge of Handling My Case. They Really Care about Helping the Person and How you are Feeling Doing with Your Health. I would very well Trust This Firm Again. HANDSDOWN ! EXECELLENT ! VERY COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT ! A FRIEND REFERRED ME !
Contact Us About Your Case
*Note: Messages sent using this form are NOT confidential. Avoid sending highly confidential information or private information through this system.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.